GIL - GENERATION OF INNOVATION LEADERS
The Generation of Innovation Leaders (GIL – جيل) is a program designed to address the high unemployment rates among youth all over Lebanon & their lack of access to the knowledge economy.
GIL innovation labs are created in partnership with local stakeholders and operate nationwide. The GIL labs serve as hubs for youth from different backgrounds to network with like-minded people and as co-working spaces where they are provided with trainings, workshops and events to develop their entrepreneurial and digital skills. GIL is powered by UNICEF Lebanon and funded thanks to the Kingdom of Netherlands and the German government through the KFW Development Bank.
INJAZ Lebanon is delivering the GIL Entrepreneurship track in the Bekaa and North of Lebanon.REGISTER NOW
|Powered by:||Funded by:|
GIL IN NUMBERS - 2019
Total Youths: 1248
Female: 57%, Male: 43%
- Areas: North Lebanon + Bekaa
- Youths incubated: 287
Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Duration: 4 weeks
- Acquire skills in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Develop project ideas as solutions to problems around you.
- Practice pitching and public presentation.
- Learn marketing and communications skills.
- Obtain an opportunity to participate in several local, regional and international competitions.
Business Plan Development
Duration: 2 weeks
- Get trained on business planning & development.
- Expand your network of coaches and specialists who will provide you with technical support.
- Develop your business plan and financial forecasts.
Incubation & Mentorship
Duration: 8 to 12 weeks
- The most viable project ideas will be selected to advance to the incubation phase.
- Benefit from weekly sessions of coaching and mentorship support.
- Receive a possible seed funding to start your project.
Joelle’s journey with GIL, from Passion to FashionJan 29, 2021
Joelle Hemmede is a young woman living with her parents and three sisters in Jabal Mehsen, North of Lebanon. Even though she is a third-year Translation student at the LIU, she is avid for Fashion Design and has a natural talent for sketching.Learn more
Solar Ray Amper saw the light with Rayan Bahchik thanks to GILDec 27, 2020
Twenty-six-year-old Rayan Bahchik, living with his mother in North Lebanon, is the best example of an ambitious and positive young man who enjoys outdoor experiences and loves preserving the environment while always chasing new opportunities to grow.Learn more
FROM A STUDENT TO A TEACHER, EVA SHARES HER PASSION FOR ENGLISH WITH CHILDRENNov 8, 2020
Eva Saad's project, E-center, aims to fight analphabetism in her hometown Delhaniye-Bekaa by teaching English to Syrian refugees, mainly children and teenagers living in the numerous refugee camps of the area.Learn more
The light at the end of the tunnel with Marwan's MA Lighting projectSep 24, 2020
His lamp pieces mainly consist of different geometrical designs done tastefully with a modern touch. Being part of GIL brought out a talent hidden inside of me, a creativity I couldn’t express before due to my living conditions.Learn more